Students who wish to obtain a certificate in Professional Skills must fulfill the following five requirements:
Complete one of the following workplace-focused courses:
- ENG 398 SW: Success in the Workplace (2 hours)
- ENG 465: Business Technical Consulting (4 hours)
Complete this Business & Technical Writing course:
- BTW 261: Principles of Technical Communication (3 hours)
Please note: students interested in an alternate course in the BTW program to count toward certificate completion should contact the Technology Entrepreneur Center.
- Attend one Charm School (all day event)
- Maintain a 3.0 average or better in each of the courses that make up the certificate program in order for them to qualify for the certificate.
Submit the following materials upon completion of coursework:
- Application form
- Transcript of the courses completed toward the PS certificate, along with supporting documentation from applicable programs attended for completion of the certificate.
- Processing fee: $50 check made payable to the University of Illinois
All materials must be submitted to the Technology Entrepreneur Center (TEC):
351 Coordinated Science Laboratory
1308 W. Main Street
Urbana, IL 61801
Attn: TEC - Certificate Programs